Sameer DesaiTPL Specialist
Kuwait Oil Company
Mr. Sameer has over 25 years of petroleum engineering experience specializing in Fields Development, Cementing and Stimulation services, Research & Development, and E&P Data Management. He has worked in an International Oilfield service company BJ Services, Petroleum Research and Development at King Fahd Univ of Petroleum & Minerals-RI, and currently at Kuwait Oil Company for over 16 years including working with IOC mentors Chevron and BP. He has worked with multi-cultural and diverse industry professionals from all over the world. His major technical strengths are production optimization, well productivity and surveillance, and coaching and mentoring. His current focus is on integrated Digital oilfields and automation.
- Developing a highly effective digital infrastructure to achieve specified returns and targets
- Understanding how digital solutions like IoT is driving value and contributing for organisational efficiency and cost reductions
11:30 AM Moving towards an efficient and updated digital oilfield for enhanced data creation and monitoring
A digital oilfield is not a new concept and has been around for a fairly long time for operators to implement. Being perceived as a concept of collaborating software and hardware to perform specific production tasks, it has grown to become a much broader concept. It is now about synchronising people, process and technology, including both hardware and software.
The following workshop will elaborate on the advancements in digitising oilfields and making sure existing digital oilfields are updated and maintained for smooth and effective data creation.
Attend the workshop to:
- Learn about restructuring existing infrastructure and applications for smooth adaptation to smart and advanced technology
- Re-establish and refresh knowledge on digital oilfields with latest insights and strategies
- Managing and adapting to increasing complexity in exploration and production activities and solutions available to maximise efficiency and resource management